Moorings and Pontoons
The Isle of Gigha has been welcoming yachts for many years, both as a safe anchorage when sailing the West Coast, transiting the Mull of Kintyre, or cruising north from Ireland.
Ardminish Bay offers 6 mooring buoys rated to 25 tonnes (orange) and 17 mooring buoys rated to 15 tonnes (blue), both with a 22.5 metre swing circle radius. There is good holding in the anchoring area. There are also 8 pontoons with a MLWS for each of: 1.4m; 1.5m; 1.8m; 1.9m; 2.1m; 2.2m; 2.4m; 2.5m (readings taken at atmospheric pressure 1009).
Please pay all applicable fees (noted below) to help us maintain and develop our facilities.
Please note that vessels must not be left unattended overnight whilst on the pontoon. If you intend to leave your vessel on the mooring unattended overnight, please telephone 01583 505390 or email email@example.com to keep us informed.
Vessels are advised to not use the pontoon during easterly winds.
Up to 10 metres Day Rate £10 Nightly Rate £20
10 to 15 metres Day Rate £15 Nightly Rate £30
Over 15 metres Day Rate £20 Nightly Rate £40
Dinghy from anchored yacht £5
£15 per night
Rib seasonal pontoon rate £50 (daytime use only)
For Commercial ferries using the pontoon the charge is £2 per passenger. Please contact the office if you require an invoice.
Payment can be made by the following methods:
• Cash or cheque at the Catwalk honesty box - please make cheques payable to Gigha Trading Limited. Please note that there is no cash machine on the island.
• Please pay with legal tender only - we cannot accept old notes or old coins or foreign currency.
• Bank Transfer: Account No: 00304964 Sort Code: 80-05-93 - please use your yacht name as the reference.
• PayPal account firstname.lastname@example.org - please use your yacht name as the reference.
• Card reader available when the moorings operative is on site - look for the Isle of Gigha Heritage Trust embossed logo on their ID! Or visit the Isle of Gigha Heritage Trust office (next to the Hotel) during office hours.
• Please note that the Gigha Hotel and Boathouse Restaurant do not accept fees so please use the payment options above.
Fuel and bottled gas are available close by at Ardminish Stores.
A designated general waste bin is also provided nearby for moorings and pontoon customers.
A recycling bin is available at the Campsite.
Glass recycling is available at the rear of the Gigha Hotel.
There is free Wi-Fi available in the mooring and pontoon area. Connect to BTBHub6-36MW - no password is required.
Showers are available at the Campsite on the ferry road. Please pay by scanning the QR code displayed or at the honesty box next to reception.
If you have an enquiry, please telephone 01583 505390 during office hours or 01583 505188 at evenings and weekends, or email email@example.com
Note that moorings and spaces along the pontoon cannot be reserved. Please be mindful of other users and berth considerately, especially when using the pontoon, thank you!
The RNLI have kindly provided us with 6 lockers for customers of our moorings and pontoons to store lifejackets whilst they explore the island. The lockers are located on the side of the Gigha Trading Limited shed next to the Boathouse car park. The lockers require a £1 coin to lock and release the key.
If you wish to donate to the RNLI, please visit https://rnli.org/support-us/give-money